The First Thing We Do....

My father was a lawyer; for a great many years I assumed I would become a lawyer; for whatever reason, when it came time to apply to law school, I had decided against being a lawyer.

Thus I became a writer instead of a lawyer. But even writers need lawyers sometimes. And when I had some questions about some potential copyright/trademark issues, I asked - you guessed it - a lawyer.

The information supplied by the lawyer, in response to my questions, made me decide against pursuing the trademark/copyright issues at this particular point in time. So imagine my surprise when I was billed nearly $300 by the lawyer for the act of answering my questions about a potential trademark job.

I had no idea that asking the questions needed to figure out if I needed a lawyer could cost so much.

Today, I find humor in Shakespeare. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Together Now! (A look at new millennial globalization at work...)

The Mysterious Madness of Medical Billing...

Ayn Rand's Greatest Defender?